VU students and staff can receive updates on items placed on hold or reminders about items that are nearly due or overdue.
The option to "opt in" to receive library notices via SMS is available by logging in to My Library.
Quick ‘opt in’:
- Log in to My Library
- Click “Opt in to receive library notices via SMS”
- Enter mobile phone number with no spaces e.g. 0412345678
- Tick the box to ‘opt in’ and click Submit
What you receive:
- SMS updates on items placed on hold so that you can pick up your items
- SMS reminders about items that are nearly due or overdue so that you can return or renew these items
If you have any issues with logging in and opting in to receive free SMS Library Alerts, just ask Library staff at a Library service desk to assist you or contact Library staff on +61 3 9919 4266. Online assistance is also available through our Ask a Librarian service.