SEED is on the hunt for submissions and we want to publish your work, opinions, thoughts and ideas!
Issue two's theme is open slather! You can write about any subject you like so send your submissions through. SEED avidly seeks contributions from all students across all VU Faculties.
Alternatively, you can contribute to one of our regular sections:
- Letters and Opinions: respond to previously published work, comment on a current issue, or just have a good whinge about something (200 words).
- Around Uni: Write about VU""events, services, faculties, internship programs, history, anything!
- Student Success stories: know anyone whose taken off from the VU launch pad? Interview them and let us all know what they're up to and how they got there.
- Reviews: give us your take on a record, book, live performance, festival, venue, sporting event, etc. You can either borrow material to review from us, or fond your own.
To find out what material is available to borrow or to submit your work, please email [email protected]
All submissions must be received by March 26.If you wish to advertise in SEED, submissions are open until April 2.
- Format: Times New Roman, 12pt, single space
- Article word count: 1500 words (flexible for essays)
- Reviews, Letters and Opinions word count: between 200-250 words
- Any picture you wish to submit with articles will be considered, and should conform to the requirements below.
- High resolution digital photo or scan minimum of 300 dpi
- .TIFF and .JPG file format
- File title to include a brief description of work
All email submissions must have a title and author name in the subject field. In addition, title, author name and contact details must be included in any article, review, poem or artwork.
Writers/illustrators will be notified via email as to whether or not their work has been selected for publication. Submissions will be edited and you may be contacted by an editor throughout the process.
For any and all enquires, suggestions, questions and submission pitches, please contact us at [email protected]
Tarryn Reid, Managing Editor
Fiona Browning, Editor
Remo Pitisano, Editor
c/o VUSU Footscray
PO Box 14428
Melbourne City Mail Centre