If you are enrolled in summer school, online resources (e-books, online videos, databases and library guides) are available through the Library to support you in your studies.
Online resources include:
The following e-books for Health & Biomedicine:
- Medical biochemistry
- Patient & person: interpersonal skills in nursing
- Psychiatric and mental health nursing.
Online videos for fields such as Arts (creative writing) and Education (teaching, youth).
A guide for Immigration Law
Databases in the following subjects:.
- PsycINFO – from the American Psychological Association, with 2 million citations and summaries (journal articles, book chapters, books, dissertations) since 1840
- Project MUSE – literature and criticism, history, visual and performing arts, cultural studies, etc.
- AWM Online – The Australian Writer’s Marketplace
- Academic Search Premier – offers information in many areas including social sciences, humanities, language and linguistics, arts & literature, etc.
- Emerald – over 200 journals covering Management, HRM, Marketing, Information Management
- Business Source Complete – scholarly and trade journal articles, SWOT analysis and some industry and company reports
- Mint Global Bureau van Dijk – 100 million listed and unlisted companies with financials, ratios, credit ratings, ownership, reports, news articles, etc.
- Education Research Complete – from early childhood to higher education, and educational specialties (e.g. multilingual education, health education, and testing)
- A+ Education –based on the Australian Education Index with access to more than 700 journals
- Academic Search Premier – covers many areas including education
Engineering and Science
- IEEE Xplore – content published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers such as journals, conference proceedings, standards, e-books
Health & Biomedicine
- Anatomy.TV – featuring 3D anatomy models, MRI sections, slides, movies, animations, clinical text and patient education sheets
- MIMS Online – contains abbreviated and full prescribing information on consumer medicine information and product images for pharmaceuticals available in Australia
- Mosby's Nursing Consult – authoritative information for nurses and other health care professionals to help provide better patient care
Law & Justice (Australian Immigration Law)
- Legendcom – contains migration and citizenship legislation and policy documents
- LexisNexis – after connecting to the database, look for Australian Immigration Law
- Immigration Kit (9th ed.) – easy-to-understand guide to Australian immigration law and policy
Sports & Exercise Science
- SPORTDiscus - more than 700,000 full-text articles dating back to 1985 for all areas of sports & sports medicine literature.