VU has partnered with University of Melbourne/Orygen Youth Health Research Centre in MindWise, a program to promote mental health literacy of students and staff.
Potential benefits for VU staff and students include increased use of appropriate professional help for mental health problems including depression, anxiety and alcohol misuse; greater use of evidence-based self-care; and increased first aid actions by staff and other students.
We need your input! We want to find out:
- about your own well being and mental health
- what you know about health problems like depression, anxiety and alcohol misuse
- what you believe is helpful for mental health problems
- what you do to help cope with stress
What to expect:
- You contact the researchers directly by phone or email and give them a phone number on which to contact you.
- A researcher will then phone you at a time convenient for you.
- You will be asked a number of questions about your mental health and your knowledge and beliefs about wellbeing and mental health issues.
- There will be three phone interviews in a 2-year period, one in February 2010, one in November 2010 and one in November 2011.
Each time you participate you will receive a $3 coffee voucher and you will also have a one in 12 chance of winning a $50 gift voucher.
All the information you give will be in strict confidence. You are free to withdraw from the study at any time and you don't have to answer any questions that you don't want to.
- Fiona Blee
- Research Assistant
- Phone: +61 3 9342 3767
- Email: [email protected]