As a VU student you have a great opportunity to improve your future career prospects at our annual on-campus careers event. The VU Careers Week this year is being held 17–21 March.
You'll have the chance to chat with leading graduate employers to learn about employment opportunities and plan your career.
Reasons to attend
It is worth attending the careers week, even if you’re a new student, because:
- you can talk to employer representatives and career advisers. They can help you learn about what areas of the job market to target when you do eventually graduate.
- attend on-campus workshops, panel-discussions and information sessions.
- you might be able to discover part-time work opportunities while still at uni
- you could potentially line up work-integrated learning placements so you can develop valuable skills and be job-ready as soon as you graduate.
VU Careers Week 2014 includes an array of on-campus workshops covering topics such as:
- how to research employer organisations
- develop professional etiquette and behaviour
- prepare and practice an 'elevator speech'.
There are panel discussions with Q&As, an information session for students with disabilities, and a session where past graduates share their experiences of the job market.
The program includes ia session for engineering students, where a panel of professional engineers will share their experiences and answer questions.
Employers on campus include ANZ, IBM and National Australia Bank.
Other highlights include:
- The Victorian Public Service overview of their Graduate Recruitment and Development Scheme (GRADS).
- A LinkedIn representative will present on how best to use the world’s largest professional network (LinkedIn) for building careers.
We'll be at The Big Meet - Australia's career expo
VU Careers Week will run in tandem with The Big Meet, Australia’s biggest careers expo for undergraduate and postgraduate students, with up to 100 of the country’s leading graduate employers in attendance.
The Big Meet will run for one day at Etihad Stadium on 17 March and entry is free.
As a student you will be able to access a vast range of industry professionals, recruiters and careers experts all under the one roof.
As a VU student you can talk to a careers educator at our VU stand inside the Big Meet venue. They'll be able to give you last-minute hints and tips on how to impress and make the most of your time when meeting employers.
View VU Careers Week 2014 events including session dates, times and locations.