The Faculty of Health, Engineering and Science invite secondary schools to book your years 7-10 students to a number of free hands-on engineering activities at our Footscray Park campus.
Students will work in teams for each activity:
- Tsunami - teams to design and construct a structure to withstand the passing of a seismic wave.
- Aerodynamic drag - teams to design and construct a ground vehicle to offer the best possible aerodynamic characteristics.
- Tall buildings for earthquakes - teams to design and construct a tall building model to withstand seismic ground motion.
- Shock absorbing landing pad - teams to design and construct a landing pad to protect a fragile object from damage during a landing
- Wind turbine design - teams to design and construct the blades of a turbine to extract a maximum of energy from wind.
Each activity is of 3 hours duration and are available by request throughout the year. Download the flyer for details.
For further information, contact Santa Giordano on 9919 2103.