With exams over and VE/FE or TAFE study semester ending on 27 November, the Library is reminding and encouraging all students to return or renew their loans on time to avoid getting a Library infringement notice or fine.
You can return your items to any campus library or use the following after-hours return facilities.
Chutes available 24/7
Chutes for returning items 24 hours a day, 7 days a week are located at:
- St Albans Library (to the left of Library front door)
- Werribee Library (to the right of Building 1 Main entrance)
- Footscray Park
- chute at the entrance to Building D
- chute to the right of the ‘Library Entrance and Café Central’ door of Building P.
City Flinders Library
A late return box is located next to the entrance at City Flinders Library, Level 15.
A chute is available until 7pm weeknights at Sunshine Library (to the left of the Library front door).
Renewing items and receiving free SMS Library reminders
Renew your items on time by logging into My Library.
Opt in to receive free SMS library reminders about items that you need to return or renew.
- Log into My Library, and click “Opt in to receive library notices via SMS”
- Enter your mobile phone number with no spaces e.g. 0412345678
- Tick the box to ‘opt in’ and click Submit.
Returning overdue items
It is important to return your overdue items to avoid having your privileges suspended and receiving an infringement penalty.
- Items 1-28 days overdue (or less for short-term loan items): Library record and borrowing privileges will be suspended until the overdue item is returned
- Items more than 28 days overdue (or less for short-term loan items): An infringement penalty of $20 will be issued.
Paying a Library infringement
Having a Library infringement can prevent:
- access to results
Pay your infringement to clear your record. You will then be able to re-enrol, graduate or access your results.
If all overdue items have been returned, library infringements can be paid at any Victoria University Campus Library or via the Library's Secure Payment option. Please do not pay via your MyVU Portal.
For further information or assistance, please contact your Campus Library or call Victoria University Library Infringements on +61 3 9919 2054.