Global Voices and Victoria University are offering VU students the opportunity to attend the OECD Forum in Paris, France from 29 May - 3 June 2016.
The successful applicant will travel with a small delegation representing some of Australia's best universities. You will participate in meetings, research policy, and attend exclusive panels and discussions.
Global Voices are looking for applicants with a passion for their chosen discipline and a natural curiosity. The delegation experience is fast-paced and hectic, so delegates must have an open and positive approach to new experiences.
Included in this opportunity
This place is fully funded thanks to Victoria University. All domestic and international flights, accommodation, breakfasts, visas, most transfers, insurance, and registration fees are covered (you will need to cover the cost of some meals and transfers).
There is one fully funded place available.
If successful, you will:
- attend the pre-departure briefing in Canberra where you will meet members of the Australian government, policy makers and other experts
- participate in the Research Fellowship to develop your understanding of the key issues.
- attend the OECD Forum in Paris, France as part of a Global Voices delegation.
Global Voices program
Global Voices partner with Australia's leading universities to provide fully funded delegations for young people to participate in the world's most prestigious summits. Delegations have travelled to forums including the World Bank & IMF, the OECD and the United Nations.
Global Voices delegates receive exclusive access and exposure to high level foreign policy negotiations as well as the opportunity to meet and network with business leaders, Australia government representatives and international decision makers.
The Research Fellowship
Upon the completion of the program you will have completed a high quality Research Paper (2000-2500 words) and Opinion Piece (500-800 words) related to the agenda of the OECD Forum and Australian foreign policy. A brief research proposal is a requirement of the application.
Your paper must include practical recommendations for change or action (for government, business or civil society). This paper will be published on the Global Voices website upon completion and provided to partners. Many of our delegates also successfully publish their research papers.
Applications close at 5pm AEDT on Thursday 17 March 2016.
To be eligible you must be:
- currently enrolled in a Victoria University course
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident aged between 18-30
- able to attend the full Pre-Departure Briefings in Canberra between the 9-11 May and the dates of your specific delegation
- willing to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week to Global Voices for the program period (this includes time attending meetings, conference calls and working on your research paper).