We're calling for submissions from VU students, staff and the community for edition 16 of Platform magazine.
Platform 16 is sponsored by the College of Arts and due to be released in Autumn 2014.
This edition's theme is: Educational turning points/educational influences/educational heroes. We'd love you to submit any of the following on this theme:
- fiction/non-fiction pieces (300-800 words)
- cover designs.
We welcome your submissions to our growing writing forum, Platform. So that we can publish your work, please follow these submission guidelines.
- All submissions should be attached as a Word document to an email — not pasted into the body of the email or as a weblink.
- Use MS Word document defaults and set line spacing to 1.5.
- Use Times New Roman or a similar standard font.
- Please use black font as we print in black & white.
- Set the language to Australian.
- Include your name and email contact in the document header so we have a way of identifying it.
- Give your writing a title.
- Save your document as a .doc file (not .docx — older versions of Word cannot open this format).
- Save the document with a filename that identifies it and you (i.e. Rainy Days A. Righter.doc).
- Do not include pictures, clipart or page borders in your Word documents - these will be removed.
- For concrete poetry, submit as a .rtf file but include your name within the document and in the filename, for identification purposes.
Photographs or graphic designs
- Photographs/graphic images must be in tiff or jpeg format at 350dpi for printing purposes — lower resolution will result in pixellated or grainy images and we cannot use them.
All submissions must be received by 10 December, 2013. Please send submissions to Bruno Lettieri.
Phone: 0422 298 643