The Faculty of Business and Law realises that a student's life is about more than just academic achievement. Sure, you study hard and strive for the best results possible - but it's all about balance. In that spirit, Business and Law students can now apply for two awards for excellence in your non-academic lives:
The Executive Dean's Award For Outstanding Leadership 2012
Awarded for excellence in leadership demonstrated by an undergraduate student in the 2011 academic year. This may be through leadership of a team in class activities, clubs, or student associations; event management or projects; mentoring; or any other program or activity performed either as a part of your study or outside the requirements of your study. One prize of $500 will be awarded, plus a commemorative certificate.
The Executive Dean's Award For Outstanding Engagement 2012
Awarded to an individual or team who can demonstrate a contribution to the university's engagement with its partners, communities, industry or professions. This may be via individual or team work in class activities, clubs or student associations, demonstrated by an undergraduate student or team of students in the 2011 academic year. One prize of $500 will be awarded, plus a commemorative certificate.
Who can apply?
- applications are open to Victoria University Business and Law students who were actively enrolled undergraduates in 2011
- both awards are for student projects or activity that occurred during the 2011 academic year
- grades are not taken into consideration, but students must have passed all units they were enrolled in through the 2011 academic year
- group entries are welcome in the Engagement category, but the prize money remains the same
- you are eligible to nominate for projects or activity that occurred either as part of your course curriculum, or outside your official course curriculum
When is it all happening?
- applications are open now, and close on Wednesday 16 May 2012
- winners will be announced on Wednesday 23 May 2012
- awards will be presented at the Student Awards ceremony on Wednesday 13 June 2012
How do I apply?
- gather and scan your supporting documentation (media coverage, links to youtube videos, photos etc)
- get a VU staff member on board as a reference to verify your entry
- download and fill in the application form and email it back by Wednesday 16 May 2012