Higher Education students who need financial help are invited to apply for a 2011 scholarship.
Applications open on Monday 2 May and close on Friday 13 May 2011.
Who can apply:
- Undergraduate students
- Honours students
- Graduate Diploma of Secondary Education students
- New students
- Continuing students
You must be:
- On Centrelink* (other than Youth Allowance or Austudy)or able to prove financial need
- Enrolled full time in a Government funded place
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Holder of Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Holder of Bridging or Temporary Visa
What's on offer:
- VU Access Scholarship - worth $1000 per year for up to four years
- Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships - payment of over $4000 for indigenous students who have relocated from regional areas to study at VU, plus education costs and relocation scholarships if eligible
Applications are submitted online.
- Students in receipt of Austudy, Youth Allowance or Abstudy in 2011 are automatically granted a scholarship through Centrelink and should not apply.
- Students in receipt of other Centrelink payments should submit a scholarship application now.
If you are not eligible for the above scholarship, make sure you visit the scholarships page to find out if you may be eligible for a different scholarship.