What is the right future direction for Victoria? – the 'Victoria at the Crossroads?' Conference 23-24 August 2012.
Australia's Prime Minister, The Hon Julia Gillard, Victorian Treasurer, The Hon Kim Wells and a team of leading commentators will discuss key questions about Victoria's future:
- Is Victoria's current economic situation the result of intractable structural change or a brief growth pause?
- Is the foundation being laid for future growth?
- How should different levels of government respond?
- What factors will drive a new vision for the state?
The event is being held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, 1 Convention Centre Pl, South Wharf 3006.
- 23 August, 7-10pm: Bill Evans, Chief Economist Westpac and panel set the agenda.
- 24 August, 9am-5.30pm: All day conference including the Victorian Treasurer speaking at 9am and the Prime Minister at lunchtime.
Media are welcome to attend
Christine White, Public Affairs Unit, Victoria University, 9919 4322; 0434 602 884; firstname.lastname@example.org