Combustion reactions will rock school assembly halls, water coolers will become volcanoes and soap explosions will wash away preconceptions of science being dull when the Professor Science Troupe comes to town this month.
The travelling stage show presents more than 20 science demonstrations, full of big bangs and huge dollops of wonderment, designed to engage students in science and the art of discovery. This is raw science where all rules are broken.
The Professor Science Troupe will head off from Footscray on Monday 4 November, travelling to Hamilton/Portland, then onto Mount Gambier/ Millicent , back to Warrnambool/Port Fairy and completing the circuit to Footscray by Saturday 10 November 2012.
The stage show is presented free to primary and secondary schools and is a Victoria University outreach initiative run by Foundation Studies and Community Science students.
The show started eight years ago but has only been touring beyond Melbourne's western suburbs for the past four years.
Photographs of the show in action at your local school can be arranged, or else other images can be supplied.
Monday, 5 November
- Hamilton Grey Street Primary School 9-10am
- Branxholme-Wallacedale Community School 9-10am
- Hamilton North Primary School 9-10am
- Portland Bundarra Primary School 2-3pm
- Portland Primary School 2-3pm
- Portland South Primary School 2-3pm
Tuesday, 6 November
- Mt Gambier Mulga Street Primary School 9-10am
- Millicent Tantanoola Primary School 9-10am
- Mt Gambier North Primary School 9-10am
- Rendelsham Primary School 2-3pm
- Millicent Newbery Park 2-3pm (TBC)
- Millicent North Primary School 2-3pm
Wednesday, 7 November
- Mt Gambier McDonald Park School 9-10am (TBC)
Warrnambool/ Port Fairy
Thursday, 8 November
- Port Fairy Consolidated School 2-3pm
- Koroit and District Primary School 2-3pm
Friday, 9 November
- Warrnambool Merrivale Primary School 9-10am
- Warrnambool East Primary School 9-10am
- Warrnambool Primary School 9-10am
- Grasmere Primary School 11.30-12.30pm
- Panmure Primary School with Cudgee Primary School 11.30-12.30pm
- Timboon Primary School 2-3pm
For further information:
Coordinator, Professor Science Troupe, Victoria University
(03) 9919 4233; 0401 673 367
Foundation Studies, Victoria University
(03) 9919 4492