Older people in the Geelong region will have the opportunity to review their financial security at free workshops starting next week funded by the Victorian Government and conducted by Victoria University.
The workshops are open to people who have retired, or are about to retire, and those keen to know more about budgeting, financial planning, retirement planning, superannuation, wills and housing options.
Workshops will be held at the Gordon, 2 Fenwick Street, Geelong (Melway ref: 401, E3).
To register or for further information contact Christopher Leach on (03) 9919 1868 or email [email protected].
If you are unable to attend this series of workshops, session times in other areas are available by contacting the registration number.
The schedule for the workshops is:
17 June 2010
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: Managing money, managing credit, managing debt
- 1.00pm – 3.30pm: Scams, swindles and safety
21 June 2010
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: Where, what and how? Housing and accommodation options
- 1.00pm – 3.30pm: Carers and financial care
23 June 2010
- 9.30am – 12.00pm: Tracking your money – budgets and budgeting
- 1.00pm – 3.30pm: Developing a financial plan – making money work for you
28 June 2010
- 9.00am – 11.30am: Retirement planning – financial matters
- 12.30pm – 2.00pm: Superannuation
- 2.30pm – 4.30pm: Reverse mortgages
30 June 2010
- 9.00am – 10.30am: Funerals – bonds, insurance and prepaid plans
- 10.30am – 1.00pm: Where there's a will ... and other estate planning considerations
- 2.00pm – 4.30pm: Going guarantor and loans to family and friends – pitfalls and problems
Media inquiries: Jim Buckell, A/Senior Media Officer
Marketing and Communications Department, Victoria University
Ph: (03) 9919 4243; mobile: 0400 465 459; email: [email protected]