Major, minor and specialisation modules are focused groups of units which form the basis of the majority of courses at VU.
- A Major is 96 credit points
- There are two types of Minors both worth 48 credit points:
- Discipline Minors - provide students with an introduction to a field of study. These can be shared by multiple majors or courses and generally form the first four units of a major.
- Breadth Minors – provide an option for students who wish to broaden their body of knowledge across a range of discipline areas or to undertake interdisciplinary studies. These can be shared across disciplines and colleges.
- A Specialisation is 48 credit points