The Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education is open to ongoing, sessional or contract VU staff who are continuing or new to teaching in the tertiary education sector and engaged in teaching activities.
Evidence-based capabilities across a range of learning, teaching and assessment approaches are developed over the duration of the course by focusing on:
- adult teaching methodology
- exploring and enhancing teaching and learning
- connecting with current teaching and learning principles and policies
- understanding the Australian tertiary education and training context; including higher education and VET contexts
- investigating current educational issues and ideas
- reflecting on personal practice for improvement
- supervised practice for TAFE teachers.