The Course Approvals and Management System (CAMS) is a web-based centralised system for an efficient and secure catalogue of courses and units offered by Victoria University. This system:
- provides a single reference point for all course and unit information
- is a control mechanism for managing, auditing and reporting on the quality and state of its curriculum assets.
- all approvals and management of courses and units
- standardisation of documentation and information related to courses and units
- enforce compliance with university and national policies
It is mandatory that ALL courses offered at Victoria University are approved through CAMS:
- Higher Education (HE) courses
- Vocational Education Training (VET) courses and
- Non-award (NA) courses.
Once a course or unit is fully approved and final versioned in CAMS, a notification flows through to VU Connect (VU's student management system) for registration, course details are submitted for CRICOS registration if required, and information is published on Course Finder and available to advertise.
CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students)is a registration number provided to Victoria University by the Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency (TEQSA) for each course/ location with international onshore students.
Any VU staff member can request access to read the information stored in CAMS. Only those people who work in a College and who attend training are given edit access.
As with most university systems, to access the network off-site you will require a Virtual Private Network (VPN). Go to the ITS Intranet (login required) to learn more about installing VPN on your laptop or device.