Browse this section for helpful information on the steps to follow when creating units, majors, minors or specialisations and courses. Below are the deadlines for University courses, reporting and publications.
University courses meeting dates
Check the latest University academic calendar for dates. Note that the agenda for each meeting closes two weeks prior to the set date.
- New HE courses for Semester 1 must be endorsed by the Courses Committee by 30 June the previous year.
- New HE units for Semester 1 must be Final Versioned by 30 September the previous year.
- New HE units for Semester 2 must be Final Versioned by 31 March the same year.
- Minor maintenance of a HE Course, Major/Minor or Unit (ie Amendment or Modification) must be Final Versioned prior to start of the relevant teaching period.
Publications & reporting
- Course finder - first week of each month.
- VTAC (hard copy) - final submission by 31 March.
- VTAC (website) - final submission by 1 August.
- Federal government reporting of:
- all undergraduate courses, Diploma to Honours offered in the following year - 1 August
- HE units for offering in second semester - 1 April
- HE units for offering in first semester of following year - 1 October.
- Official Annual Handbook will be produced first week in December.