Terms & Conditions
By entering the Picturing Footscray Photography Prize (Promotion), you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Promoter is Victoria University (VU) (ABN: 83 776 954 731, CRICOS Provider No. 00124K) PO Box 14428, Melbourne, Victoria 8001.
- All information on 'how to enter' forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering into the Promotion, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The Promotion commences on Friday 15 March 2019 at 09.00am AEST and closes on Wednesday 1 May 2019 at 05:00pm AEST. (Promotion Period). Any entry that is not received during the Promotion Period will be invalid.
- Entrants must be individuals and not companies or other entities. Employees and immediate family members of VU and associated agencies any way involved in the Promotion, are not valid entrants in the Promotion.
- Entries to the Promotion must:
- Be an original work, completed and owned by the submitting photographer; and
- Be about Footscray and the designated theme.
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, or entries containing offensive or defamatory imagery, or which breach any law or infringe any third-party rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be eligible to win or be displayed.
How to enter
- To enter entrants must:
- Take a photo about Footscray, guided by the designated theme. Entries can include analogue and digital photography.
- Submit an online entry form that includes a digital copy of the photograph, maximum file size accepted is 3mB (3000KB), by the close date. Changes to artwork names, dimensions, mediums or dates will not be accepted after entry forms have been submitted.
- VU will select entries to display in an exhibition to be held at VU at MetroWest (138 Nicholson Street, Footscray) from 16 May 2019 – 13 June 2019. Only entries that are exhibited are eligible to win.
- To be exhibited the entrant must make a physical work which can be displayed.
- VU will contact entrants who are selected for exhibit by 5:00pm on Thursday 2 May. The works of these entrants will be shown unless deemed too fragile, dangerous or not ready for installation.
- Works must not exceed 80x80cm or 6,400cm/sq (this includes frames and/or series). Works above this size will not be exhibited.
- All work must be ready for installation. VU will only accept work that can be hung using the following methods: pins or blu-tack attached to prints, frames/canvas/lightboxes with D-rings or wire, mounted prints with batons, prints mounted on foam core. Please contact VU at MetroWest for any clarification or guidance.
- If chosen for display, the works must arrive at VU at MetroWest between 2 May 2019 and 8 May 2019 between 09.00am and 05.00pm (excluding Saturday and Sunday unless otherwise arranged) or by appointment as arranged in writing with VU at MetroWest. Work will not be accepted after this date. Works must be clearly labelled on the back with the artist’s name, title of the work and contact details.
- Artists must take responsibility for the transport of their work to and from VU, including insurance and secure packing for freighted works.
- Works must be collected between 14 June 2019 and 18 June 2019. Any uncollected works will be disposed of at VU’s discretion.
- All care will be taken, however, VU will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused to the work, howsoever caused.
- You may enter in the Promotion once only.
- There will be a first, second, third and student prize winner as well as a people’s choice award winner selected from the valid entries.
- Each prize winner will be selected on the basis of their entry best capturing the character and personality of Footscray guided by the designated theme, as judged by the panel of judges
- The people’s choice award will be selected at the end of the exhibition based on Facebook likes. The work that receives the most votes (Facebook ‘likes’) will be the people’s choice award winner. A "Facebook Like Boost" (equal to 10 likes) is available at VU at MetroWest - full details in the People's Choice Award section below.
- VU will announce the prize winners at the exhibition opening on Thursday 16 May 2019, contact them via email and publish their names online at footscrayunitown.com.au.
- The people’s choice award winner will be notified at the end of exhibition, once the votes have been tallied. They will be contacted by email and their name published online at footscrayunitown.com.au.
- Winners must collect their prize from VU at MetroWest (138 Nicholson Street, Footscray) prior to 20 June 2019. If the prize is not collected prior to this date the winner forfeits their prize.
- No prizes can be collected unless the winner provides photo proof of identity which is satisfactory to VU.
- In the event that you are a winner of the Promotion, you consent to the disclosure, publication and dissemination of your name and likeness for the purposes of the Promotion, and VU’s advertising and marketing purposes (as winner of the Promotion).
- You grant to VU on submission of any entry photography (Materials) a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use, reproduce and communicate to the public the Materials for the purposes of the Promotion (now and into the future). VU will respect the author’s moral right of attribution in the Materials when it is reasonable in the circumstances to do so.
- VU accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. VU is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
There are 5 cash prizes to be won. All amounts in AUD.
- First prize: $3,000.00
- Second prize: $1,000.00
- Third prize: $500.00
- People’s Choice Award: $500.00
- Student prize: $250.00
- The prize values are correct as at the date of printing.
- The prizes are not transferable or exchangeable.
- Student prize recepient must show valid student ID to claim the prize.
People's Choice Award
The winner of the $500 People’s Choice Award will be announced on Tuesday 18 June 2019.
How to vote:
Like the VU in the Community Facebook page, open the “Picturing Footscray 2019 - People's Choice” photo album and then “Like” the entry / entries that you want to vote for. Each “Like” in this album is equal to one vote.
Visit the Picturing Footscray exhibition at VU at MetroWest, 138 Nicholson Street Footscray to enter a “Facebook Like Boost”. A “Facebook Like Boost” is equal to 10 regular Facebook Likes in the online “Picturing Footscray 2019 - People's Choice” photo album. Ask at reception for a “Facebook Like Boost” and lodge your vote.
Please note that Facebook likes may be audited. If privacy settings are such that enough identifying details cannot be obtained from a Facebook account to reasonably believe that it is a genuine account or it is thought that the Facebook account voting is fake or not genuine then these votes (‘likes’) will not be counted and they will be deducted from the final count.
In all matters relating to the Promotion, including installations and awards, all decisions of the judge and VU will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into. Judges’ feedback on submitted artwork will not be provided.