Dr Vincent Wang is currently a Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering at Victoria University. Hailing from National University of Singapore where he graduated with a PhD degree in 2008, Dr Wang worked at James Cook University as a Lecturer and then Senior Lecturer in Civil Engineering before joining Victoria University in early 2015.
His research interests are in uncertainty quantification in structural engineering, and are particularly concerned with:
- structural health monitoring allowing for stochastic effect
- resilience of civil structures against hazards
- safety assessment of in-service concrete structures.
- 2015 – Present, Senior Lecturer, Victoria University, Melbourne, Australia
- 2014 – 2015, Senior Lecturer, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
- 2010 – 2013, Lecturer, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
- 2009 – 2010, Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Kent Ridge, Singapore.
Selected recent publications
Wang, V. Z., Pease, T., and Robinson, S. (2016). “Statistical damage prognosis for in-service civil structures against hazards: Formulations and applications.” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, 142(3), 04015090, 18 pp.
Wang, V. Z., and Ong, K. C. G. (2015). “Nonparametric statistical formulations for structural health monitoring.” Computers & Structures, 148, 63-74.
Wang, V. Z., and Sivakugan, N. (2014). “Time-invariant and time-variant reliability analyses of reinforced concrete systems with appraisal data missingness.” ACI Structural Journal, 111(5), 1167-1177.
Wang, V. Z., and Sivakugan, N. (2014). “An expectation-maximization algorithm embedded framework for safety assessment of reinforced concrete systems.” ACI Structural Journal, 111(3), 515-524.
Wang, V. Z., Mallett, M., and Priory, A. (2014). “Seismic fragility evaluation with incomplete structural appraisal data: An iterative statistical approach.” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 140(2), 04013048, 13 pp.
Areas of expertise
- Performance based structural design methodologies
- Resilience of civil structures under extreme loading conditions
- Structural health monitoring
- Sustainable concrete structures
- Systematic uncertainty quantification and treatment in structural engineering.