Van is from Victoria University Business School and is also a student representative on the Research and Research Training Committee.
Her PhD research focuses on innovation, productivity, firm performance and tourism economics. She completed both her Bachelor of Business (International Business) and Masters by Research (Economics) with first class honours.
Van has experience in teaching quantitative units such as Applied Statistics for Business and Strategic International Trade Operations. She has also participated in several research projects and presented her research output at prestigious academic conferences in Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, Vietnam and Italy.
Van is a recipient of the 2017 Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Research and Research Training. The two papers drawn from her Masters by Research thesis have been published in top-tier tourism journals Tourism Management and Tourism Economics.
Van can assist with:
- statistics and quantitative analysis
- statistical software – SPSS, STATA
- quantitative and qualitative research design
- questionnaire design, data collection and interview
- conferences presentation – PowerPoint, Oral, Poster
- scholarly publishing, peer-review process, research impact
- proposal development
- research databases
- reference management – EndNote
- Turnitin and plagiarism
- document/chapter/thesis formatting
- candidature procedure and university policies
- research scholarship applications
Van is available at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a and by phone +61 478 405 117, on Tuesdays, 11am-1pm.
The Research Ambassadors can be contacted:
- at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a and by phone +61 478 405 117, on Tuesdays, 11am-1pm
- at City Flinders Campus, Room 9.10a and by phone +61 478 405 117, every second Friday starting Friday 26 July, 11am-1pm
- at Footscray Park Campus, Building P, Room P416 Research Lounge and by phone on +61 478 405 113, every second Monday starting Monday 29 July, 11am-1pm
- via email seekRA@vu.edu.au
- on Skype (look for contact name 'vuseekra') during the service hours
The service is not available on public holidays.