Tony Brain is a Chartered Accountant and currently focuses on a career as a Non-Executive Director. His career experience covers over 35 years’ predominantly in risk, regulatory and assurance roles.
Tony spent 28 years at Deloitte, serving as Partner leading the Melbourne firm’s Superannuation Assurance & Advisory practice for the final 12 years. Subsequent to his time at Deloitte he spent nearly three years as Head of Risk Management at AustralianSuper, at the time Australia’s largest superannuation fund with over $100 billion of funds under investment.
Tony’s NED experience spans financial services, education, public health, not-for-profit and justice.
An experienced non-executive director, Tony is also:
- Non-Executive Director of Futurity Investment Management Limited (Friendly Society) (appointed January 2017)
- Non-Executive Director of Monash Health (Victoria) (appointed July 2019)
- Non-Executive Director of AMP Superannuation Trustee Boards (appointed October 2018)
- Member of Company Auditors Disciplinary Board (appointed September 2017)
- Member of Finance, Audit & Business Risk Committee of The Alannah & Madeline Foundation (appointed November 2018)
- Member of the Risk and Finance Committee of the Magistrates Court of Victoria (appointed March 2019)
- Member of the Audit and Risk Management Committee at Barwon Health (Appointed August 2019).
- VU University Council, including:
- the Finance & Investment Committee
- the Compliance, Audit and Risk Committee.