Toni is a highly experienced employment, education and training adviser.
She commenced her career in the Australian Public Service with the Department of Education, Employment and Training DEET in its many guises including youth and immigration portfolios. She participated at State level in major policy introductions and changes including John Dawkins’ Higher education reforms in the late 80’s.
- working in the Commonwealth Employment Service (CES) in South Western Victoria as an Employment Counsellor for disabled and disadvantaged jobseekers entering the workforce
- developing industry partnerships, taking a lead role in designing and delivering Labour Adjustments Packages for industry and workers
- informing national policy
- representing DEET on the Textile Clothing and Footwear Industry Training Board
- managing a state-wide Relocation Assistance Scheme (RAS).
Victoria University Alumni advisory committee member (past).
Branch Secretary of NTEU (VU Branch).
Key area of interest is Global Perspectives in Work-Integrated Learning.
College of Business, Work Integrated learning.
Areas of expertise
- Education, employment and training
- Work integrated learning
- Undergraduate employment
- Career advice
- Employment rights
- Industry engagement