Susan has held company directorships in a range of industries and is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Her current memberships are in health and financial enterprises and include:
- Victorian Medical Board of Australia
- Medical Radiation Practice Board of Australia
- advisory committees within the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- an independent governance consultancy to the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
She served as non-executive Director/Trustee on the Board of UniSuper Ltd from 2008 to 2017 and continues as an expert consultant to their Insurance Committee. She received the 2015 Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees Award for Excellence for Outstanding Trustee Director.
Susan worked in the higher education sector for 24 years holding senior management and executive roles at several tertiary institutions. She was University Secretary and Deputy Vice Chancellor (Services) at the University of Newcastle from 2004 – 2012 and then continued her association with the education sector as a consultant for a further 5 years.
- Compliance, Audit & Risk Committee, part of the University Council