Sue is a registered psychologist and AHPRA-approved supervisor. She also works part-time in private practice.
Sue has 10 years' experience working in a non-profit organisation as:
- training manager
- facilitator of women's self-development groups
- traineeships coordinator.
She also has 19 years' experience working in government departments as:
- organisational change management consultant
- management trainer
- grievance investigator
- recruitment manager and
- EEO officer.
Sue's broad experience in both the non-profit and government sectors has given her a comprehensive understanding of the wide range of agencies where students can complete their practical placements.
Sue completed the VU Master of Applied Psychology (Community) course in 2008 and understands the breadth of functions that community psychologists can perform. She completed her studies while working and raising two daughters as a single parent, so she has a direct understanding of the pressures faced by students juggling work, family and part-time study. Sue is committed to helping students achieve study-life balance.
Sue has taught the following units:
- Interpersonal Skills APP1014
- Interpersonal Skills 2 APP2023
- Human Development in Social Context ASW2103
- Organisational Skills 1 APP1015
- Individual Awareness APT5025
- Practicum 3 and 4 APT6010/11
- Australian Psychological Society
- Psychology, College of Health & Biomedicine