Lecturer, College of Sport & Exercise Science
Sarah is an accredited exercise physiologist and before joining VU worked in health care at various hospitals, rehabilitation centres as well as in community health. Sarah also works privately and has spent many years working in health, fitness and exercise science. Sarah has a passion for allowing people with specific conditions to reach their full exercise potential.
Her teaching focus is in the area of exercise for cardio-respiratory and metabolic conditions as well as exercise for musculoskeletal conditions. Sarah also has a large role in developing VU's Clinical Rehabilitation clinics providing placement and learning for VU's Exercise Science and Exercise Physiology students.
- Lecturer, Coordinator: AMEP Unit Exercise Assessments and Interventions for Metabolic Conditions
- Lecturer, Coordinator: AMEP Unit Exercise Assessments and Interventions for Cardiorespiratory Conditions
- Lecturer: Exercise assessments and Interventions for musculoskeletal conditions
Accredited Exercise Physiologist Member Exercise and Sports Science Australia
Areas of expertise
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Diabetes prevention and management
- Orthopaedic and sports injuries
- Strength and conditioning for sports and athletic performance