Roopa is from Victoria University Business School. She has also been the student representative on the Academic Board, General Secretary and Women’s officer with Victoria University Postgraduate Association (VUPA).
Her PhD research focuses on sustainable tourism development, UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and planetary health. She has a Master of Tourism and a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science. She is a university rank holder and recipient of two gold medals for her masters degree.
Roopa has industrial experience in many domains including information technology, tourism and agriculture as well as teaching experience in Australia and India. She has taught tourism and business-related units such as:
- tourism product design and delivery
- event creation and design
- hotel and resorts operations management and software such as Sketchup and IVVY.
She participated in several research projects and presented her research output at prestigious academic conferences in Australia, New Zealand and India. She is a recipient of the 2020 Bill Faulkner Award for Best PhD Scholar's Paper from the Council for Australasian Tourism and Hospitality Education (CAUTHE). Two papers drawn from her ongoing PhD research have been published in prestigious international conferences.
She has also received People Choice Award for VUPA Poster Competition. She is recipient of full SSAF grant and Allianz grant for student travel and community building project – Victoria University Travel Australia Group.
Roopa can assist with:
- qualitative research design
- qualitative methods and data collection
- referencing and EndNote
- qualitative data management – NVivo
- conferences presentation – PowerPoint, Oral, Poster
- candidature presentation preparation
- proposal development
- Turnitin and plagiarism
- candidature procedure and university policies
- critical discussions, research review and analysis.