Professor Rob Aughey
Senior Lecturer, College of Sport & Exercise Science
Rob is a senior lecturer in sports physiology and also works as the senior sport scientist at the Western Bulldogs Football Club.
Rob is an authority on the physiology of altitude training, team sports, especially Australian football, is an experienced media commentator and has appeared in various print, radio and television outlets. He has been working with the Western Bulldogs Football Club for the past seven years.
He undertakes research into all aspects of the physiology of team sports including Australian Football, including:
- altitude exposure
- optimising warm-ups
- measuring physical performance in matches through the application of micro-technology
- the effect of heat on player performance
- enhanced recovery practices
- measuring fatigue during and after matches, and
- supplement interventions.
Rob Aughey has over 35 peer-reviewed publications. You can view the full list of Rob's publications in Victoria University's Research Repository.
Postgraduate research students and fellows
Completions: five PhD, eight honours
Current: seven PhD
Areas of expertise
- Altitude training
- Australian Rules Football (AFL)
- Fitness and injury
- Sports physiology