Ms Melanie Charity
Research Officer, Institute of Sport, Exercise & Active Living (ISEAL)
Melanie is a senior research assistant working on the Sport & Recreation Spatial project. Her responsibilities include data management, statistical analysis and reporting.
She also has a background in public health, both in research (mental health) and health information contexts. Her experience includes the collection/compiling of data, participant tracking/interviews and general project organisation.
Eime, R. M., Charity, M. J., Harvey, J. T., & Payne, W. R. (2015). Participation in sport and physical activity: Associations with socio-economic status and geographical remoteness Health behavior, health promotion and society. BMC Public Health, 15(1).
De Souza, A., Dwyer, P. L., Charity, M., Thomas, E., Ferreira, C. H. J., & Schierlitz, L. (2015). The effects of mode delivery on postpartum sexual function: A prospective study. BJOG: An International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. doi:
Eime, R. M., Young, J. A., Harvey, J. T., Charity, M. J., & Payne, W. R. (2013). A systematic review of the psychological and social benefits of participation in sport for adults: Informing development of a conceptual model of health through sport. International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity, 10.
French, S. D., Charity, M. J., Forsdike, K., Gunn, J. M., Polus, B. I., Walker, B. F., . . . Britt, H. C. (2013). Chiropractic Observation and Analysis Study (COAST): providing an understanding of current chiropractic practice. Med J Aust, 199(10), 687-691.
French, S. D., Densley, K., Charity, M. J., & Gunn, J. (2013). Who uses Australian chiropractic services?. Chiropractic and Manual Therapies, 21(1).
- 2015 - 2018, Eime, RM., Harvey, JT., Charity, MJ. Sport Participation Research Project 2015 – 2018. VicHealth. $150,000.
- 2015 - 2018, Eime, RM., Harvey, JT., Charity, MJ. Sport Participation Research Project 2015 – 2018. Sport and Recreation Victoria. $100,000.
- 2015, Eime, RM., Harvey, JT., Charity, MJ. Ballarat City Council – Sport and Physical Activity, Health and Education Profile. Ballarat City Council $12,500.
- 2014, Eime, R., Harvey, J., Charity, MJ., Casey, M. Victorians’ participation in sport. Sport and Recreation Victoria, Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure. $20,000
Areas of expertise
- Data management/integrity and analysis of large complex state/national survey data (including physical activity; sport association membership; health & population data).