Mary is a Career Development and Employability (CDE) College coordinator and lecturer with an industry focus in exercise and sport science, sport management, human movement and physical education within the College of Sport and Exercise Science (SES).
Mary joined the CDE team in 2009 following 15 years of industry experience in sport management and junior sport development within the Victorian AUSSIE SPORT Campaign at Sport & Recreation Victoria. She has also worked in human resource management and Vocational Education and Training, and in 2008 she worked within the College of SES's Adapted (PE) Programs team.
Mary is the College co-ordinator for Career Development & Employability (CDE) and also conducts workshops and tutorials for graduating students from the UG Human Movement, Sport Psychology, Physical Education and Sport Management and Exercise Science degree courses.
Mary is currently undertaking a PhD examining the role of practical experience and how it relates to the employability of graduates from undergraduate sport management programs. She is investigating the signals prospective employers look for in relation to these experiences.
Industry Employer Expectations of College of Sport and Exercise Science Graduates, April 2013.
- AHE3120 Exercise Science Career Development
- SSM2002 Career Development and Employability 1 (CDE 1)
- SSM3003 Career Development and Employability 2 (CDE 2)
- 2015: Excellence in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education), College of Sport and Exercise Science, Victoria University.
- 2014: Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning, Office for Learning and Teaching, Australian Government Department of Education
- 2014: Vice-Chancellor’s Citation for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (Higher Education), Victoria University.
Areas of expertise
- Career development: Sport Management/Exercise and Sport Science/PE/Human Movement contexts
- graduate employability
- experiential learning
- Industry engagement