Professor Nelthorpe is an Adjunct Professor in the College of Law & Justice at Victoria University.
Some of Professor Nelthorpe's professional experience include:
- Director, Consumer Credit Legal Service, Melbourne.
- Director, State Insurance Office Consumer Appeals Centre, Melbourne.
- Visiting Researcher, Centre for International Research on Communications and Information Technologies
- Director, Consumer Law Centre.
- Manager, Footscray Community Legal Service and Wyndham Community Legal Centre.
- Bulk Debt Project Worker, West Heidelberg Community Legal Service.
Teaching And Learning Engagement Activities
- Consumer Law subject Co-ordinator, Leo Cussen Institute.
- Consumer and Credit Law Lecturer for Accredited Financial Counselling Course, Kangan TAFE.
- board member, Financial Ombudsman Scheme.
- member, Code Compliance Committee – Victorian LPG Industry.