Welcome to all new and continuing students. Get ready to study with a range of improved Library services.
Postgraduate students (PhD, Masters and Honours) can borrow print resources for 84 days (12 weeks) or equivalent to a semester.
TAFE and undergraduate students can borrow as many books as required for a 28-day period, unless the title is in high demand or in the reserve collection.
Self-service borrowing machines
You can borrow and return books at self-service borrowing machines using your student ID card. A Library PIN is no longer required.
Find out more about borrowing at the Library.
Single-sided colour printing and photocopying is now cheaper. You will pay:
- $0.30 (instead of $0.50) for A4
- $0.60 (instead of $1.00) for A3.
Find out more about printing and copying.
There are new PCs available at campus libraries. You check in real time where PCs are available and book a PC online.
Using MyVU login to access library resources
You can use your MyVU login for:
- My Library to manage your loans, renewals and holds, and set up free SMS library alerts.
- Searching the Library to find resources. When off-campus, use your MyVU login to access most online Library resources and services. Some resources and services may require a Library PIN along with your student ID number.
Support your learning or research with our updated Library Guides. The guides contain information about how to find and use resources including databases, e-journals, e-books, special collections and archives.
- VU Library Start contains information on library resources and services
- Finding resources has resources for assessment tasks
- Evaluating information has a checklist to spot fake news and a list of criteria to evaluate information.
- The Literature Review is a step-by-step guide to the literature review process
- VU Special Collections has information about finding and using VU Special Collections material for your research
- Victoria University Archives has an overview of the historical material relating to VU and its predecessor institutions.
Drop-in library referencing and researching sessions
Get librarian advice about researching and referencing your sources at a drop-in library session. During HE semester (26 February - 22 June), see a librarian at:
- City Flinders: Every Tuesday and Thursday, 12pm – 1pm, Learning Hub (level 9)
- City Queen Library: Monday to Friday, from opening till 4pm, library service desk
- Footscray Park Library and Learning Hub: Monday to Friday, 12pm – 1pm, Learning Hub (level 2)
- Footscray Nicholson Library: Every Tuesday and Thursday, 12pm – 1pm, Learning Hub (level 2)
- St Albans Library: Every Tuesday and Wednesday, 12pm – 1pm, Learning Hub (level 2)
Drop-in sessions are not available:
- during mid-semester break: 2 April – 6 April
- on ANZAC Day: 25 April
- on the Queen’s Birthday: 11 June
Librarian advice at Werribee Library
All Werribee students (TAFE, undergraduate and postgraduate) can get advice about:
- database searching
- accessing articles
- other information research skills.
Chat to a librarian every Tuesday (except public and University holidays) between 9.30am – 1pm & 2pm – 5pm at the Werribee Library service desk or by phone +61 3 9919 8250.
Our Library staff can assist with:
- computing and printing facilities
- setting up MyVU access
- student email and other essential online tools
- accessing the library’s range of online resources.
Visit a Library service desk or call +61 3 9919 4266 for help.
You can also chat with a librarian online and get assistance with finding, accessing and using library resources and services.