By entering the Student Diary cover competition (Promotion), the entrant agrees to the following Terms and Conditions:
- In these Terms and Conditions, Victoria University is referred to as “VU” and each entrant is referred to as “you”.
- All information on 'how to enter' forms part of these Terms and Conditions. By submitting an entry into the Promotion, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter is Victoria University (ABN: 83 776 954 731, CRICOS Provider No. 00124K, RTO code 3113) PO Box 14428, Melbourne, Victoria 8001
- The Promotion will continue until 31 August 2019 at 5pm (AEDT) (the “Promotion Period”).
- You must be an individual, and not a company or other entity and hold Australian citizenship or a valid student visa.
- You must be a Victoria University or Victoria Polytechnic student or have work/ed within the past twelve months as a VU graphic design graduate in Hatch Studio (VU design studio).
- You may enter up to three pieces in the Promotion.
- The work must be an original piece produced by you and any elements contained within must be created by you.
- If your work contains people, you must have obtained a signed ‘model release form’* from all people identified in your work. The release must clearly provide the model’s consent to the work being used in any publication (including websites, diaries, merchandise and associated marketing) by VU.
- All artwork must be able to be replicated on CMYK off-set printing process (e.g vector or at least 300dpi)
- Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, will not be eligible to win.
How to enter
- Artwork must be submitted as a high resolution (300 dpi) image.
- To submit an entry, you must email (or use file sharing service such as Dropbox, WeShare or Yousendit) your artwork to email@example.com along with your name, course and a short statement about your work and how it represents VU and the current theme.
You agree and acknowledge
By entering into the Promotion, you agree and acknowledge that:
- VU may use your entry and your personal information, including your name, likeness and photograph/s (whether or not it wins a prize) for VU’s promotional and publicity purposes;
- VU may send you information and marketing communications;
- You grant to VU on submission of piece of artwork a royalty free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the artwork for the purposes of Promotion;
- VU accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. VU is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- Final use of the winning entry may be adapted or altered to suit VU branding requirements upon consultation with the winner.
Winning the prize
- Finalists and winners will be selected from the entries by a professional panel.
- The winning entry will be notified by VU Student Life via email or Facebook by 30 September 2019 (AEDT).
- The winner’s name and entry may be published on the VU Student Life Facebook page and shared other associated social media pages.
- The winner will receive $600.00 and the runner up will receive $200.00 in the form of VISA Debit Cards.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.
- In all matters, all decisions of VU and its judges will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
*The Australian Institute of Professional Photographers may also be a resource for advice on model release forms, however it is strongly advised you consult a specialist arts solicitor. Student Life will require a copy of your release form.