As one of Australia’s leading sport universities, Victoria University has a range of academic experts available to provide insights and comments before and during the 2019 Australian Open, to be held 14–27 January.
The Games Insight Group, a collaboration between Tennis Australia and Victoria University, features a team of experts revolutionising tennis through science and data analysis.
These experts are drawn from three areas:
- VU Institute for Health and Sport – a research institute
- VU College of Sport and Exercise Science – which delivers sport-related degrees
- VU College of Arts and Education – incorporting media-related courses.
They can provide win predictions, player performance data, and much more.
VU experts & expertise
- Junior tennis
- Skill acquisition
- Television broadcasting and TV rights
- Media streaming and video-on-demand
- Player visual/anticipation skills
- Tennis coaching and talent development
- Qualities of elite players
- Girls and women in tennis
- Women as tennis coaches, officials, administrators, committee members and directors
Dr Stephanie Kovalchik, VU Institute for Health and Sport, Games Insight Group;
(03) 9919 4052 or 0450 509 098 or [email protected]
- Tennis analytics
- Data analysis for player performance
- Sport business
- Facility management
- Sport finance
- Crowd and spectator behaviour
- Fan culture
For interviews or comments, please contact these experts directly or email [email protected] for assistance.