You can report concerning, threatening or inappropriate behaviour that you think Safer Community should know about using this form.
Concerning, threatening and innappropriate behaviour include:
- Bullying & cyber-bullying
- Family violence
- Mental health concerns
- Self-harm & suicidal behaviours
- Sexual offences
- Stalking & harassment
- Other behaviours of concern.
Information to include in your report
Report as much information and be as specific as you can.
So that we can investigate more fully try to include:
- what happened (explain the concerning behaviour)
- who (use full names of persons you are concerned about, student or staff ID numbers if possible, or a detailed description)
- when (date and time)
- where (building or location).
Providing your contact details
All information will be confidential and your contact details will be kept private.
Safer Community may contact you for more information, or to provide an update on the response to your report.
You may report anonymously, but you will not receive any update on the response to your report.
As information reported anonymously cannot be verified, it will be acted upon at the discretion of Safer Community.
Victoria University values your privacy and is committed to handling your personal and health information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic) and other applicable legislation.
After your report is submitted
- gathering additional information
- developing an action plan
- making contact with the person in question
- providing a referral to internal or external support services
- recording the information.
Issues not on campus
If you are concerned about something happening off campus or online that may affect the VU community, contact Safer Community by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or report it online using the form on this page.