Victoria Place is a purpose built apartment complex in Footscray, located 2 minutes walk from Footscray Park campus.
It has 53 beds, comprised of:
- 41 single occupancy units
- 6 dual occupancy units.
Each unit is fully furnished and self-contained, designed for student living.
Our focus is to create a living and learning community to foster academic achievement for you. It is also a great starting place as you get to enjoy the experience of living on campus and making new friends.
Priority is given to students from VU, however accommodation is available to students from other universities where a vacancy exists.
Fees are set out in the schedule of fees for the full academic year and per semester.
Great location near Footscray Park Campus
Located at 117-119 Ballarat Road, Footscray, it is only a short walk to classes at our Footscray Park Campus. On-campus facilities include the University library, bookshop, cafeterias, the Aquatic and Fitness Centre and sporting facilities.
It is less than 7km from the heart of Melbourne, close to public transport and Highpoint Shopping Centre.
Apartment facilities and furnishings
Victoria Place offers dual-occupancy units designed for shared living. These high specification units offer the same living environment as single occupancy units with the addition of king single bunk beds, dual wireless internet, provided linen, bedding and premium kitchen ware.
Bedroom and living
Each apartment includes:
- self monitored reverse-cycle air conditioning (heating and cooling)
- single bed (king single bunk beds for dual occupancy)
- bathroom with combination washing machine/dryer
- fully equipped kitchenette with fridge, gas hob, microwave convection oven, toaster, kettle, crockery (plates and bowls) and utensils
- LCD TV and DVD player
- high-speed internet and telephone access
- desk and study chair
- large wardrobe, bedside table, dining table and chairs
- private balcony.
Additional features of Victoria Place
Victoria Place offers secure and environmentally friendly facilities including:
- secure rooms and intercom system
- CCTV security
- after hours assistance and security
- five star energy rating
- recycled water system
- personal mail box.
Benefits of living at Victoria Place
We aim to foster academic success by providing academic assistance and the opportunity to socialise and develop friendships and networks. This is achieved by providing;
- on site Resident Assistants to support the academic, physical and emotional wellbeing of residents
- academic programs and assistance
- orientation and social programs
- shared communal meals
- student leadership opportunities
- recreation and academic common rooms for reading, relaxation and studying
Arrange a tour of Victoria Place
You can find photos of Victoria Place on Facebook but if you would like to view it in person, please contact us and we'll happily arrange a tour for you!
How to get to Victoria Place
Victoria Place is located at 117-119 Ballarat Road, Footscray. It is only a short walk from our Footscray Park Campus.
Take a train from Flinders Street Station (city centre) to Footscray Station. It's 10 minutes by car from the city centre.
The Melway street directory map for Footscray Park is Map 2S F4.