The Learning and Teaching Quality Committee is responsible for monitoring, reporting and advising the Academic Board on quality and standards in and against internal and external quality indicators. It also advises the Academic Board on relevant proposed regulations, policies and procedures.
Composition & membership
The Learning and Teaching Quality Committee is comprised of:
- One person elected as chair by and from the Academic Board: Dr Mark Selkrig
- One Principal Officer nominated by the Academic Board and whose responsibilities include learning and teaching support or nominee: Professor Ian Solomonides
- One Principal Officer nominated by the Academic Board and whose responsibilities include vocational education expertise or nominee: Madelyn Bolch
- One Principal Officer nominated by the Academic Board and whose responsibilities include international and transnational education or nominee: Felicity Orme
- The University Librarian or nominee (ex-officio): Naomi Dempsey
- One Principal Officer nominated by the Academic Board and whose responsibilities include information technology services and learning spaces or nominee: Neville Caine
- One person nominated by the Academic Board and whose responsibilities include planning and quality assurance or nominee: Ann Hogan
- One person with leadership responsibilities for teaching and learning, from each College, nominated by the College Dean or equivalent:
- Associate Professor Anthony Watt - College of Arts & Education
- Dr Syed Haider – College of Business
- Associate Professor Alasdair McAndrew – College of Engineering & Science
- Associate Professor Patrick McLaughlin – College of Health & Biomedicine
- Associate Professor Lidia Xynas – College of Law & Justice
- Dr Eric Schwarz – College of Sport & Exercise Science
- Maria Juj– Victoria University Polytechnic
- Dianne McKeagney - VU College
- Raquel Licciardi - Partnerships & Innovation
- Dr Randall Robinson - VU Research
- Dr Maxwell Winchester - First Year College.
- Chair of the Courses Committee: Associate Professor Tom Clark
- Up to three members elected by and from the Academic Board:
- Deborah Tyler
- Dr Sharna Spittle
- Dr Fion Lim
- Three students appointed by the Academic Board, one student from Vocational Education and Training (VET), one Higher Education undergraduate student and one Postgraduate coursework student - to be advised.
- Co-opted Members
- Academic Director, VU Online: Professor Chris Walsh.