Our courses provide you with practical legal skills for future employment, as well as other career pathways that could range from working for Government or Treasury departments, community legal centres or private enterprise.
Learn key legal principals and other important skills including:
- writing for particular audiences
- problem solving
- research techniques
The courses we offer range from undergraduate to postgraduate degrees, giving you more options to achieve your goals while balancing life and study commitments through our flexible pathways.
An undergraduate or bachelor degree is usually your first university degree like our Bachelor of Laws which is designed to help you gain employment and also meets the requirements to practice law in Victoria.
We offer undergraduate courses in:
- graduate entry laws
- law/arts (double degree)
- laws/business (double degree)
- legal practice management.
Courses with a law focus include:
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Laws (Graduate Entry)
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Psychological Studies
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce (Applied Finance).
Postgraduate & professional development courses
For over 20 years, Victoria University has been the leading provider of migration law education in Australia.
Our popular Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice will help you transition into this growing sector, meeting the minimum requirement for your Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) assessment.
Our new Master of Laws (Applied Migration Law) is tailored to meet the needs of practicing migration agents, legal practitioners, human resource migration specialists and professionals in government seeking to improve their skills and knowledge.
We also offer a number of short courses in migration law, including:
- Professional Course in Australian Migration Law (a pathway course for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Australian Migration Law and Practice)
- Professional Course in New Zealand Migration Law
- Professional Course in Education Agent Practice.
The Sir Zelman Cowen Centre delivers a number of postgraduate and professional development courses aimed at furthering your career.
- postgraduate courses in the College of Law & Justice.
- professional development courses in the College of Law & Justice.
Summer & winter school
We offer a range of summer and winter undergraduate and postgraduate units during the semester breaks.
Some of the key benefits of undertaking summer and winter school are:
- the chance to study under academics and visiting scholars that have high international reputations
- a wide range of subjects for domestic and international
- classes running with intense delivery in order to utilise summer effectively
- smaller and more interactive class sizes
- classes offered at a convenient location.