Portfolio of the Chief Operating Officer
This portfolio brings together the key enabling services that serve the University's core business.
The main areas of responsibility in this portfolio include:
- Digital Technologies
- Marketing & External Relations
- People & Culture
- Student Services, Institutional Planning & Performance.
On this page
Office of the Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Phone: +613 9919 5210
Professor Richard Constantine, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Digital Technologies.
- Information Technology Services
Director, IT Operations: Zoran Sugarevski.
- timetable and room booking services
- capital property development
- property security services
- property maintenance and leasing services
- space and fleet management
- parking services
- environmental sustainability
- mail services across the University.
- Associate Director, Capital Planning, Jim Eaton.
- Associate Director, Operations Planning, Laurie Farrugia.
Facilities Finance & Administration
- Manager, Carl Sgro.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
- Business Capability
Director: Dave Stephenson.
- Client Services
Director: Gordon McRobert.
- Corporate Financial Services
Director: Lisa Chan.
- Financial Planning
Director: Varun Saigal.
- Strategic Capital Management
Director: Adrian Xuereb.
- Strategic Financial Solutions
Director: Michael Lapolla.
- Strategic Procurement
- Senior Lawyer, Cameron Murrell
- Senior Lawyer, Mary Simpson.
Marketing & External Relations
Dr Rob Brown
Executive Director, Marketing & External Relations.
- Director, Advancement, Ros Casey.
Footscray University Town
- Program Manager, Kerry O'Neill.
- Manager (Acting), Emma Scott.
Marketing & Future Students
- Director, Marketing & Future Students, Sarah Lawrie.
- Senior Media Advisor, Vacant.
Web Services & Communications
- Director, Web Services & Communications, Jeremy Hodgson
Email: email@example.com. Phone: +613 9919 5560.
People & Culture
Executive Director, People & Culture.
The People & Culture portfolio provides a range of strategic and operational services to the University and its staff to support VU to become renowned as the University of Opportunity.
Working closely with the business areas of the University, the People and Culture portfolio delivers strategically-aligned workforce solutions.
- change management
- diversity and inclusion
- learning and development
- health and safety
- industrial and employee relations
- pay and benefits, rewards and recruitment.
The portfolio plans, designs, communicates and monitors the University's Workforce Strategy with a focus on building organisation and change management capability. It provides workforce data to support strategic decision-making to enable the University to deliver on its strategic agenda.
Quality expert advice and support is provided through our integrated teams.
People & Culture Business Services
- Director: Gordon Selby.
People & Culture Advisory Services
- Director: Lawrence D'Lima.
- Manager (Interim), Taryn Goering.
Student Services, Institutional Planning & Performance
Registrar & Executive Director.
This portfolio is responsible for the provision of excellent collaborative and integrated student services, working together with the University’s colleges and other stakeholders to support students from admissions to graduation.
Areas with Student Services, Institutional Planning & Performance are:
Admissions, Pathways & Scholarships
- Manager: Marita Reynolds.
Business Intelligence Solutions
- Manager: Danny Lim.
Business Support & Reporting
- General Manager: Sandra Thompson.
- Coordinator at Footscray Nicholson: Lee Dare
- Coordinator at Footscray Park: Mary Olanda
- Coordinator at Werribee: Leesa Lawatzki.
Customer Service & Student Communications
- Director: Naomi Dempsey.
Planning, Evaluation & Reporting
- Manager (Acting): Amanda Goodie
- Senior Planning Officer: Genevieve Goonan.
Quality & Compliance
- Position vacant.
- Position vacant.
Student Matters Office
Manager: Sara Pheasant.
- General Manager: Ravi Lulla.
Save a copy of the: