Our research and consultancy activities influence change on policy and/or practice, test new approaches and ideas and promote rigorous academic debate in the field.
We support cross disciplinary approaches into:
- workplace learning
- Vocational Education, Further Education and Higher Education pedagogies
- emerging technologies in learning
- a variety of learning and assessment practices across industries, educational sectors and disciplines
We help VU to become a significant dual sector provider by:
- researching how learning takes place in, through and for the workplace
- transferring research outcomes into innovation in practice across the University
- producing educators skilled in critical and reflective inquiry
Assessment and evaluationResearch projects investigating the practices and processes of vocational and work-based assessments.
Technology in learningLooking at innovative approaches to teaching and learning.
Work-based learningTheoretical and applied research and development projects examining learning in the workplace.