Work and Organisation Systems
On this page
This unit of study examines the major organisational system issues that managers need to understand and respond to in the context of significant changes in the world. These issues are considered in terms of the interaction between people and the organisational context within which they work. The unit of study emphasizes two approaches. First, to gain knowledge and understanding of human behaviour and organisational systems/structures through applied learning opportunities and, in the process, learn how to be a more effective leader and manager. Fundamental concepts about organisations, individuals and groups in relation to leadership and management are themes included. Second, because reflective practice is at the heart of critical thinking, students will be asked to take a critical approach to their practice, and the context in which they work.
- Study level:Postgraduate
- Credit points ?12
- Unit codeBMO6506
On successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
|Project||Research Case Project||30%|
|Essay||Critical Thinking Essay||20%|
The above assessments have a total equivalent word count of 6000 to 7000 words.
Organizational Behaviour, 14th edn,
Judge, T & Robbins, S 2010,
Pearson Publishing, Upper Saddle River, N.J.
Where to next?
If you are interested in this unit as part of a course, refer to our how to apply page to find out more about our application process.
If you are a current VU student, you may be able to enrol in this unit as an elective.
- Contact the College of Business to see if you are able to take the unit.
You can also contact us directly:
- Ring us on +61 3 9919 6100
- Find answers and ask questions at GOTOVU
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.
Already a VU student?
You may be able to enrol in this unit as an elective.
For more info contact the
College of Business
Courses this unit belongs to
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Graduate Diploma of Business (Accounting)
- Graduate Diploma of Business (Finance)
- Master of Business (Marketing)
- Master of Business (Industrial Relations / Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (Enterprise Resource Planning Systems)
- Master of Business (Accounting)
- Master of Business Analytics (Professional)
- Graduate Diploma of Business (Industrial Relations / Human Resource Management)
- Master of Business (Management)
- Graduate Diploma of Business (Marketing)
- Graduate Diploma of Business Analytics
- Master of Accounting
- Graduate Diploma of Business (Enterprise Resource Planning Systems)
- Master of Business (Supply Chain Management)
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration (Professional)
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Business (Finance)
- Graduate Diploma of Business (Supply Chain Management)