WebCT/Blackboard online learning
Blackboard is a Learning Management System (LMS), which is an online space that supports course delivery and provides you with online and blended learning opportunities.
Blackboard is the current LMS used at Victoria University. It is sometimes referred to by its old name, WebCT. You can:
- Access class materials (such as unit guides, lecture slides, links to websites, PowerPoint slideshows, Word documents, videos)
- Upload assignments
- Perform online quizzes, tests or other assessment tasks
- Discuss class material with your teacher or others online (through things like chat or discussion boards)
- Receive information and updates
- Receive feedback regarding assignments and grades
On this page
Login is via MYVU Portal. Log in with your "s" number (s1234567) and your AD login password (ie: same as computer and email login).
Once logged in to MYVU Portal click on the 'Blackboard' link.
If you have issues logging in please contact ITS Service Desk on (03) 9919 2777.
Turnitin is a plagiarism detection service. Some VU courses may ask you to submit your assignments electronically through Turnitin so that they can be checked and an 'Originality Report' can be generated. Your lecturer will notify you if you need to submit an assignment via the Turnitin link.
Usually, if you have to submit an assignment through Turnitin you will see an image with a link with your assignment name on it. Click on the Turnitin icon and follow the steps to submit your assignment.
For help relating to Blackboard: