Portfolio of the Chief Operating Officer
This portfolio brings together the key enabling services that serve the University's core business.
The main areas of responsibility in this portfolio include:
- Finance (including ITS)
- Marketing & External Relations
- People & Culture
- Portfolio of the Vice-Chancellor
- Student Services (including Student Connections, Student Wellbeing and Professional Services).
On this page
Office of the Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Phone: +613 9919 5210
- timetable and room booking services
- capital property development
- property security services
- property maintenance and leasing services
- space and fleet management
- parking services
- environmental sustainability
- mail services across the University.
- Associate Director, Capital Planning, Jim Eaton.
- Associate Director, Operations Planning, Laurie Farrugia.
Facilities Finance & Administration
- Manager, Carl Sgro.
- Budgeting, Consulting & Corporate Finance
Director: Gordon McRobert.
- Enterprise Value Management
Director: Zoltan Berenyi.
- Finance Systems & Processing
Director: Dave Stephenson.
- Financial & Revenue Analysis
Manager: Mario Mercuri.
- Information Technology Services
Director: Zoran Sugarevski.
- Procurement & Business Operations
Director: Juliana Tiong.
Marketing & External Relations
Dr Rob Brown
Executive Director, Marketing & External Relations.
- Director, Advancement, Ros Casey.
- Manager (Acting), Emma Scott.
Marketing & Future Students
- Director, Marketing & Future Students, Sarah Lawrie.
- Senior Media Advisor, Julia Johnston.
Web Services & Communications
- Director, Web Services & Communications, Silvia Sanchez.
People & Culture
Executive Director (interim), People & Culture.
The People & Culture portfolio provides a range of strategic and operational services to the University and its staff to support VU to become renowned as the University of Opportunity.
Working closely with the business areas of the University, the People and Culture portfolio delivers strategically-aligned workforce solutions in areas including change management, diversity and inclusion, learning and development, health and safety, industrial and employee relations, pay and benefits, rewards and recruitment. The portfolio also plans, designs, communicates and monitors the University's Workforce Strategy with a focus on building organisation and change management capability, and providing workforce data to support strategic decision-making to enable the University to deliver on its strategic agenda.
Quality expert advice and support is provided through our integrated teams.
People & Culture Business Services
- Director: Gordon Selby.
People & Culture Advisory Services
- Director: Lawrence D'Lima.
- Manager (Interim), Taryn Goering.
Portfolio of the Vice-Chancellor
Director, Portfolio of the Vice-Chancellor.
Quality & Compliance
- position vacant.
Governance & Secretariat
- Manager, Governance & Secretariat, Michael Levandowski.
- Senior Lawyer, Cameron Murrell
- Senior Lawyer, Mary Simpson.
Risk Management & Internal Audit
- Manager, Robert Lee.
- Senior Manager, Kathy Sinclair.
- Senior Officer, Genevieve Goonan.
- Manager, Surveys, Evaluation & Academic Workloads, John Ward.
Performance & Reporting
- position vacant.
Business Intelligence Systems
- Manager Business Intelligence Systems, Danny Lim.
Registrar & Executive Director.
This portfolio is responsible for the provision of excellent collaborative and integrated student services, working together with the University’s colleges and other stakeholders to support students from admissions to graduation.
Director: Colin Macdonald.
- Manager, Assessments & Completions, Maree Fitzpatrick
- Director, Customer Service & Communications, vacant
- Manager, Student Matters Office, Sara Pheasant
- Manager, Government Reporting & Systems Support, Sandra Thompson
- General Manager, Student Administrative Services, Nevine Khalifa.
Director: Dr Daryl A. Cornish.
The Professional Services Department is responsible for:
- advisory and project services
- asset control services
- campus support services (including reception)
- executive assistant services
- general administrative support services
- technical (laboratory) support services across the University
- University Residences management.
Save a copy of the :